Supporting the community
Our unique working capacity enables us to donate our services to a number of community groups. Our goal is to provide a positive impact by donating our unique skills to specific disability organisations…. Creating environments, transforming lives
Via Workplace Giving, Architecture & Access support a number of charities, these include ASRC, Disability Sports Australia, The Fred Hollows Foundation and Headspace. Our employees have the ability to make regular donations through our payroll system. We match the value of the donations of our employees to a capped amount.
ASRC is an independent, community-led organisation and advocate for people seeking asylum. Architecture & Access has been a long standing supporter of the ASRC, via volunteer work and food donations to the ASRC Footscray Foodbank. Other support we have provided is:
- We support ASRC Catering for corporate and staff events. Their vegetarian menu is inspired by the cultures of the people they employ
- We undertake pro bono work providing Access Consulting advice for any in-house projects. The most recent Access advice provided was for their new Integrated Services Hub in Dandenong, Melbourne
Disability Sports Australia (DSA) is Australia’s peak national body representing athletes with a physical disability. DSA helps people to engage and grow within their community through sport and recreation.
The Fred Hollows Foundation’s goal is to put an end to avoidable blindness for people in developing countries and includes Indigenous Australia. Their program focuses on education, screening and treatment.
Headspace is the national youth mental health foundation. They provide early intervention mental health services to people 12-25 years old. Each year, they help thousands of young people, and their families, access vital support through headspace services in over 145 communities across Australia.
Our engaged and generous team regularly support worthwhile charities and organisations, including:
- STEPtember – helping to improve the lives of children and adults who live cerebral palsy
- Coastrek – Beyond Blue are dedicated to improving the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide
- Byron Coast Charity Walk – Rescue Helicopter Service, supporting the flying intensive care units
Architecture & Access regularly donate their speciality services to support social and community projects. Recent projects include:
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) Dandenong – we have been providing pro-bono access consulting support since late 2018 on the development of the new Asylum Seeker Resource Centre integrated Services Hub in Dandenong, Melbourne. The new works enable access to services and facilities within the building
- Women’s shelter in a northern suburb of Melbourne – renovations are required to the important shelter. We are providing access consulting advice to install an accessible bathroom and bedroom
- Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation – will soon be moving to the new Queen Victoria Market Munro Community Hub. We are providing a cost only service to ensure the fit out will be accessible for all users
- Hosier Lane – Youth Projects ‘The Living Room’ – is a place that makes people feel welcome and respected, providing access to health services, social supports, food and clean clothes. People can charge mobile phones, take a shower and wash clothes.
- Significant one off donations to bushfire appeal to assist with recovery support