An OHS risk assessment builds knowledge and understanding about hazards and risks that have been identified, so that informed decisions can be made about controlling them.
This allows an employer to eliminate risks to health and safety or, if that is not reasonably practicable, to reduce them as far as is reasonably practicable.
At Architecture & Access, our OHS risk management process aims to assist our clients by:
- Reducing the likelihood of an incident occurring
- Reducing the consequences of an incident if one does occur
- Protecting the organisation legally by assisting them to demonstrate due diligence
Our systematic approach to risk management includes the following three steps:
- Identifying hazards
- Assessing risk, including the level of harm that could be done and the likelihood of harm occurring
- Recommending risk controls