Since 1998 we have been providing specialist advice and solutions to achieve access within the built environment for people with physical, sensory, and other forms of disability, their families and carers
Understanding that each project is unique and has its own requirements, we work closely with architects and designers, building certifiers and surveyors, government agencies and managers of buildings.
Our role is to ensure the requirements of access and universal design is incorporated into proposed developments.
We provide Access Consulting advice and solutions to a wide range of developments and building upgrades, including:
- Public Facilities – schools, childcare centres, aged care facilities, hospitals, parks and leisure centres
- Residential developments – private homes, multi-unit and multi storey
- Major transport and infrastructure sites including rail, airports and defence facilities
- Commercial developments – mixed use and retail
Our experienced access consultants are all members of ACAA (Association of Consultants in Access Australia). Our team have up-to-date knowledge of requirements under current anti-discrimination laws, work health & safety legislation and building control regulations.
Access Consulting services include:
- Access Audits
- Design Reviews
- Performance Solution Assessments
- Changing Places
- Luminance Contrast
- SDA Review Certification
- LHA Review Certification
- Public Events
Architecture & Access is a national organisation with offices in Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide.