Architecture & Access appoints specialist access consultant, Patricia Flores, to head Queensland office.
Patricia Flores is an accredited access consultant and qualified occupational therapist, who has been with Architecture & Access for more than ten years in senior roles including managing the establishment of the Brisbane office in 2012.
“Architecture & Access has built our reputation in Queensland over the past 20 years, opening our Brisbane office to increase our ability to respond to client needs and travel to the wider area of Queensland,” says Patricia.
“Our in-house capacity, which includes specialist access consulting services supported by architectural design, OHS and project management expertise, means that we manage projects on any scale.”
Architecture & Access directors Chris Porter and Andrew Sanderson are delighted that Patricia will head the Brisbane office.
“Our Queensland clients understand the importance of specialist access consulting services in ensuring their projects consider the requirements of state and federal anti-discrimination laws, building control regulations, and work health & safety legislation,” says Chris.
“Patricia’s comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the needs of people with disability, and her ability to deliver on specific project needs, is already well known to many clients.”
Fellow director Andrew Sanderson agrees. “Over the past 20 months, demand for our access consulting services across Queensland has continued to grow, along with our reputation as a trusted leader in the field.”
“Patricia and her staff in Brisbane will continue to build and deliver on this work.”
Some examples of Queensland projects undertaken by Architecture & Access include:
- James Cook University, Cairns
- Brisbane City Council ferry terminal audit
- Hayman Island Resort redevelopment
- Coochiemudlo Island and Victoria Point ferry terminal development
- Mackay CBD Accessibility Audit
- Redland Council DDA Marine Transport Infrastructure Audit
- Narangba Railway Station
- Townsville shopping centre
- Grand Central and Gardentown consolidation
Access consulting services include:
- Auditing of disability access of existing and new buildings at all stages of design and construction
- Auditing and review of public transport infrastructure and conveyances
- Review of existing plans
- Access reports
- Development of alternative solutions to reasonably achieve access where compliance is difficult or has not been met
- Development of design brief for accessible components
- Advice and assistance throughout the construction process.
“I look forward to working with Queensland architects, building certifiers, surveyors, project managers and government to create accessible workplaces, public facilities, transport infrastructure, sporting and leisure centres,” says Patricia.
She takes up her position in early June, replacing Grant Wooller who now heads the Adelaide office of Architecture & Access.
For information about our full range of access consulting services go to access consulting.
Visit our project gallery for more information about completed projects.
The contact information for the Brisbane office is:
Level 6, 79 Adelaide Street Brisbane, QLD 4000
T 1300 715 866