Architecture & Access is pleased to launch Home Modification Victoria offering specialist home modification services for NDIS participants and their families.
“Home Modifications Victoria has many years of experience in designing and delivering home modifications for people with a wide range of disabilities, so NDIS participant’s can be confident in our services,” says director Andrew Sanderson.
Home Modification Victoria services include:
- Specialist home modification occupational therapy assessment
- Technical advice regarding structural and compliance issues
- Design plans and specifications required for structural work
- Preparation and management of planning applications and engagement of building certifiers
- Contracting of builders
- Project management to ensure the home modification is designed and delivered on time and within budget to meet the prescribed scope and quality.
NDIS participants and support agencies are welcome to call the Home Modification Victoria enquiry line on 1300 715 866.
Our enquiry line is staffed by experienced consultants who will explain the process and answer any questions. This is the first part of Home Modification Victoria’s holistic approach to service delivery which covers in-home assessment through to design and construction.
NDIS Participants and agencies acting on their behalf may engage Home Modification Victoria to provide an in-home assessment and write the report required by the NDIS for home modification funding approval.
The report to the NDIS includes the occupational therapy assessment and recommendations for reasonable and necessary modifications, technical advice regarding structural and compliance issues, design concept drawings and delivery costs.
Participants and agencies can be reassured about the standard and value of Home Modification Victoria assessment services. We understand the laws, regulations and standards that apply to domestic building and fully appreciate the importance of good design, functionality and value for money.
A home modification may consider simple as well as more complex strategies such as:
- Ramp installation.
- Creating stepless thresholds — removing steps and uneven floor between rooms.
- Installing hand-railings, circulation spaces and doorway widening.
- Bathroom modification.
- Kitchen modification.
- Bedroom modification.
- Assistive technology including remote control entry, lighting and temperature applications.
- Access between floors.
- Car parking access and transfers.
Once the home modification design and funding is approved by the NDIS, the participant may choose to engage Home Modification Victoria services as required for design and delivery.
In Victoria, the law requires a registered designer to produce the design and specifications for any project that includes structural work.
“Professional design protects the consumer, assists the builder and contractors and saves costs by reducing mistakes and variations,” says Andrew. “Our design team is led by RAIA registered architects, making us amongst the most qualified and regulated professionals in the industry.”
In Victoria, every domestic building project with a total value over $5,000 must have a building contract. This includes the majority of home modification projects.
Home Modification Victoria may be engaged to handle the contracting and construction, keeping people informed every step of the way.
Home Modification Victoria maintains a panel of pre-qualified and registered builders and other professionals who are experienced in home modification. Only a registered building practitioner can enter into a domestic building contract.
“Our recommendations for builders, building surveyors, engineers and other professionals are based solely on their professional merits and experience in delivering successful projects.” says Andrew.
For NDIS participants, this means a high level of confidence in the integrity of Home Modification Victoria and peace of mind when engaging with our services.
“Our goal is to make home modification a positive experience, in terms of the process and outcomes by empowering people with the right information and services,” says Andrew.
When people engage Home Modification Victoria they can expect trusted advice, individual attention, exceptional value for money, superior design aesthetics, quality workmanship and compliance with the national construction code and planning requirements.
“Most importantly, people can expect to be more independent, confident and happy to live in their well designed accessible home.”
Please call the Home Modification Victoria enquiry line on 1300 715 866 or visit our website for more information.
Home Modification Victoria is a service of Architecture & Access (Aust) Pty Ltd:
- A registered provider of specialist home modification occupational therapy assessment, design and project management services for the NDIS.
- A-Plus member – Australian Institute of Architects.
- Pre-qualified as a consultant with the Government Construction Supplier Register (CSR) to supply OHS, architectural and project management services.
- Staffed by Livable Housing Design Assessors.
- ISO9001 Quality Management System and AS4801 OHS Management System certified.